Friday, December 07, 2007

"Shri Ram! Shri Ram! " gandhi said, as he tumbled to the ground dead


buddha came down from the mountain,
i ascended it. Always ive run counter
to his teaching,
and now im bound for hell-ha ha!
mans inquisitiveness is sheer nonsense.

zen master etsugans last words recited moments before closing his eyes and dying.



in the frantic hurry of dying
its difficult to utter the last words
if i were to speak a wordless word
i wouldnt speak, i wouldnt speak

Dokyo wrote this death verse, then hummed an ancient song, laughed heartily and then died.

seventy six years,
unborn undying;
Clouds break up,
Moon sails on

Tokken(1244-1319)zen master

S/He who thus comes to me, becomes one with me, just as a river goes to the ocean and becomes one with it, you should surrender yourself to me who am seated in your heart.

say

"My relics will speak to you from the tomb! I am ever living to help those who seek refuge!"

-I am that which cannot be seen with physical eyes-


Death awareness is the very bedrock of the path.
-H.H. the Dalai Lama-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I surrender deer.